In the heart of the Haliburton Highlands, our mission is to educate, accommodate, and facilitate responsible pet ownership. Part of that is helping dog owners to find a safe place for their dogs to experience off leash play, exercise, and socialization. It’s why we’re happy to provide the multi-use PAWS Park to visitors.
All visitors must read and abide by the rules and regulations outlined below. Failure to do so will put you, your dog(s), and other dogs and owners at risk and jeopardize your access to the PAWS Park. If you have questions or need clarification, please ask us!
PAWS PARK RULES & REGULATIONS
- Booking in advance is mandatory. Call 705-854-0055 to schedule your visit or book through the SniffSpot app!
- $8 for first dog, $5 for additional dog – honour box at the gate or use the SniffSpot App!
- Access and use of PAWS Park is at your own risk. Dog owners are legally responsible for their own dog(s) and any injuries or damage caused by their dog(s).
- All dogs must be on leash while entering & exiting the PAWS Park.
- All dogs must always be accompanied by owner(s). You are responsible for the behavior of your dog(s).
- All dogs must be vaccinated.
- No sick dogs are permitted in the PAWS Park.
- Dogs in heat not permitted.
- Owners must scoop their dog’s poop and deposit in waste station provided. Absolutely no plastic bags to be deposited.
- “Emu TV” (fence-running with the emus) is to be limited. Beware that Edward, Edwina, and Delores may look like they’re having fun, but dogs running, jumping, and barking in excess is not fun.
- Be aware that the white rope at approx. 5’ height along the outside fence is electrified. People and dogs will receive a shock.
- Discourage barking, mounting, and digging holes. If digging happens, intercept and fill holes in immediately.
- Bring your dog its own water and bowl.
- If you are the last to leave the PAWS Park, leave the gate wide open.
- The PAWS Park is private property. Please be respectful. Leave it as you found it.